MARIMORE ENGINEERING SDN. BHD. develops and maintains Django/Python based web applications for our clients. We rely heavily on open source and at the same time try to contribute back to the community via open source code, documentation, monetary contribution or participation in open source events.
We believe in ROWE (Results Only Work Environment). All our members are given a high level of freedom, in exchange for a high level of dedication and responsibility towards their art.
- Develop new features for services provided by Marimore Inc.
- Services include sms sending API, forum sites and content based web applications.
- Maintain existing features and do timely update to the software and libraries used in the application.
- Maintain and write documentation for services provided and also internal technical documentation (wiki).
- Deploy new features or changes to the live server.
- Report your work progress and any relevant issues to the Lead Engineer/Engineering team on a regular basis
- 1 to 2 years experience in web development regardless of whether as professional or hobbyist project. Fresh grads with good portfolio or open source projects also fine, please provide link to code samples or your project repo.
- Understand HTTP - know at least a few common HTTP methods and how they are used.
- Not fearful of the command line, be it linux/unix or windows OS.
- Proficient in either PHP, .NET, Java, Ruby or Perl. You'll have to learn Python once coming on board though.
- MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Know how to use Google.
- Proficient in English.
- Python/Django or any other framework/libraries.
- Active in community - open source projects, forum, q&a sites, mailing list etc.
- Informative technical blog.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services, esp. EC2 and RDS.
Expected starting salary will be MYR 2300. This will change depending on your experience and current salary.
This is remote position so applicant location doesn't really matter as
long as you have good Internet connectivity. 1 month on-site training
however required before you can start working from any of your
preferred location. Communication done through Skype, email and task
If you are interested, we are happy to talk to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a short introduction about yourself.
----- UPDATE 2011-10-07 -----
We are happy to announce that we've found some great candidates and that this vacancy is now closed.
Thank you for your interest in MARIMORE ENGINEERING.