Come and join us!
Xoxzo is expanding our team and looking for a Developer/Evangelist to join us. We believe in doing the right things and in that spirit, we are looking to hire the right people those who are humble, hungry and smart.
This is a full-time remote position and currently available for Malaysians. Not everyone will fit with what we have in mind, especially for remote working. If you want to know more, read on:
This application closes Saturday 20 October, 2018 23:59 AoE
Why this position is important
- To allow us to feel the pulse of the tech community
- For promoting the technology, usage, lifestyle and Xoxzo brand
- To allow us to understand better what the community wants and its expects, and to answer this need and build a cult of followers
- We need a person who talks to the community to also be in charge of open source libraries and contributions by the company
- To educate, inspire and convert people to sign up, try out and believe in our products.
- To also work with the Marketing group and contribute back to business metrics via evangelism activities.
- Help us build stuff when you're not talking to people
What will you learn from this position
- You'll learn to be opinionated and to become a thought leader
- You'll learn to stand in front of a crowd and talk and inspire them to try, follow and believe.
- You'll also learn to write your thoughts down periodically as contents for our blog to be shared with the public
- You'll learn to work with a diverse team across timezones and manage your own task and time with little management
- You'll learn the latest trend of the industry
- You'll learn how to also listen, digest, analyze and report on the needs and expectations of the community
Skills that might help you in this role
This role is suitable for those with 3 to 5 years of development or engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Python is important as you'll need to work with a lot of Python code
- At the same time, and effective evangelist should be a polyglot that can can jump to any language/platform as needed. You don't need to be an expert at everything, but an understanding of what's what will be helpful.
- Fluent conversational and written English, knowledge of Japanese or Bahasa Malaysia/Indonesia is a plus.
- Understanding and adapting to your audience.
- Communicating effectively, in a style that works best for you.
- Being authentic: you must truly want to help people be successful, not just sell them something.
We’re not accepting applications from part-timers or freelancers
Who you are NOT
We value your time and wishes you the best culture fit for your career. Your job growth and fulfilment are important to us, so if you have one of these characteristics, we discourage you from applying.
- You don’t go sorry not my problem when there is a problem. We respect and value people who take accountability and initiative to do The Right Thing(TM) . If you face a problem, the team will make it their priority to help you with the problem-solving process. They will trust you to do the same.
- You are not job-hopping. We try hard to get people with the right cultural fit, and once we do we give them autonomy to develop themselves. Xoxzo's current average employment term is 3 years, so you will be joining a fairly mature team. If you see this solely as a stepping stone to the next salary grade, this is not the right job for you.
Founded in 2007 in Tokyo and bootstrapped by it's founders, we've been leveraging technology to allow our work to expand beyond physical country borders and cultures, delivering our products to our customers in the best way possible.
Xoxzo builds products that are developer centric, helping businesses get things done in an easier, quicker and more economical way.
We're proud of our culture of responsibility, respect and diversity. We have never received any outside funding, and we are a profitable business.
Xoxzo is a remote team, and has been so since we started in 2007. We work from our homes and other locations around the world if we travel.
Not every personality is geared for remote working. While remote working removes the stress of getting ready for the office and commuting, it brings it's own presures on commmunicating better with your team mates and self-discipline of managing your own time and priorities. Read more about the challenges of remote working and the costs of communication when you work away from your team mates.
If you're still interested in this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Would love to hear from you!